Community website like no others
Browsing Category


Relative visa options

When might you need a relative visa? You will need a relative visa if you want to move to Australia and live here permanently because: you are aged and financially […]

Parent category visas

You might be eligible to apply for a parent category visa if: you have a child who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand […]

Partner migration

Partner category visas You may be eligible for a partner category visa if you are: Spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen, or Fiancé of an Australian citizen, […]

Visiting Australia

Information for visitors When you are planning to visit Australia, there are important things you should know such as what visas to apply for and requirements for the visa application, […]

What is Temporary Residence?

Fact sheet – Temporary Residence On this page Skilled visa classes Temporary activity/work International relations Training Other visas Access to retirement savings Australia’s temporary residence programme is designed to allow […]

What is a Permanent Residence (PR)?

Australian permanent resident information An Australian permanent resident (permanent resident) is the name given to a non-citizen who is the holder of a permanent visa. A permanent resident can live, […]

Is my visa eligible to work in Australia?

Work conditions for student visa holders If you are a student visa holder, you and your dependant family members have permission to work included with your visa. You and your family members must not […]